The photograph itself doesn't interest me. I want only to capture a minute part of reality.

~Henri Cartier Bresson



Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Down on the Union

In years past I spent countless hours on the Union River here in Ellsworth chasing stripers and bluefish on the tides with my late father. Hours of trolling up and down the river gave one a chance to enjoy the beauty of the Union that was often overlooked in the 60’s and 70’s. It was a place to go and escape, a place to view scenes the founders of Ellsworth saw centuries ago. Photographic opportunities were everywhere and I always tried to take a camera with me. This landing area was always one of my favorites and putting ashore enabled me to take this shot. This was taken with an Olympus OM-1 35mm SLR with a Sigma 28mm wide-angle lens. Film was Tri-X that was developed in HC-110 and the print was made on Poly RC II variable contrast paper.

No comments: