The photograph itself doesn't interest me. I want only to capture a minute part of reality.

~Henri Cartier Bresson



Monday, January 9, 2012

Time Goes By


I have decided after much thought to remove myself from and position of “power” from the Hancock County Photo Club. This was at first a hard decision because I have been involved in keeping photo clubs afloat for almost 25 years here in Ellsworth. When I first started out with fellow photog Mary Ellen Martell in forming the most recent club, a past member of the Ellsworth Photographic Society which I started back in September of 1987 said to me, “WHY? Heading up a photo club is like herding cats, and you should know that?!” Well, he was right, but don’t get me wrong, they are all well-mannered and likeable cats. You see, keeping any group, especially one involving extremely creative individuals such as photogs are concerned, is a almost full time position.
Being at a stage in my life that is very active in a number of venues, I had to back down and believe that hopefully someone will step up to the plate and take over HCPC. I am looking forward to starting a few personal photography projects that have been put on the back burner for a couple of decades. I look forward to putting my work out in the public view soon with the results of these projects. I just plain look forward to being just a photographer….and meeting with my fellow OFs again on a regular basis!

No comments: